AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet
– Faster than DSL High Speed Internet
The difference between DSL and U-verse Internet is that AT&T U-verse
Internet uses fiber optic technology that carries significantly more data than
traditional metal wire. Fiberglass is used to transfer the data by using waves of light. So
when compared for the speed, they are both high speed Internet services, but with U-verse
Internet being much faster with its top packages.
Inside the house, the internet connection is controlled via the AT&T U-verse Residential Gateway which is a single unit that brings together all U-verse services – AT&T TV, AT&T U-verse Internet, and AT&T Telephone – with built-in wireless home networking capability.
AT&T U-verse Internet packages
U-verse packages have been built for a wide spectrum of customers, from those that have no special needs, to those that demand ultra high speed for their Internet connection. As of now, the highest downstream speed offered by U-verse High Speed Internet is 1000 Mbps (or 1 Gbps) (AT&T Fiber, formerly U-verse GigaPower – where available). Other than AT&T Fiber Internet service, the speeds go up to 100 Mbps - again, depending on the service availability.
Internet – Starting at $40/mo for 12 months + $50 card** – Online Only
(Includes Wi-Fi Gateway and Access to the national AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spot Network at no extra charge)
AT&T U-verse Internet is a base for U-verse services like AT&T TV and AT&T Voice, and is usually bundled with Voice and AT&T TV Service. For those that need Internet only, this service is available as a standalone as well (geographic limitation applies).
AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet Plans
|AT&T U-verse Internet||
|Downstream speed||up to 50 Mbps||up to 75/100 Mbps||up to 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps)|
|Introductory Price *
(12 months agreement)
(prevailing price after 12 months)
|$50 Reward Card||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|Technician Installation||$99.00||$99.00 Included||$99.00 Included|
|McAfee® Internet Security||Included||Included||Included|
|Unlimited data allowance||$30/month or bundle with TV||$30/month or bundle with TV||Included|
|Order Now||Order Now||Order Now|
All AT&T U-verse Internet plans include free Basic Wi-Fi.
Geographic and service restrictions apply to AT&T Internet services.
AT&T U-verse Internet
Your AT&T U-verse Internet includes:
- AT&T U-verse Wireless Gateway, which is the main device for communicating with the U-verse service network. This also functions as a router that connects your home network together via ethernet, WiFi, or a USB connection, so that you can have high-speed Internet for all of your home's computers.
- AT&T Mail which includes 11 email accounts with virtually unlimited storage, POP access, and Spam guard.
- Unlimited nationwide dial-up Internet access for away from home use.
- AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee® – Security software (downloadable), which includes antispam, antivirus, firewall, a pop-up blocker, "Address Guard", and Parental Control protection.§
- Access to the nationwide AT&T Wi-Fi network, including Starbucks locations.
- Access to free Yahoo! services:
- AT&T Yahoo! Messenger with enhanced voice communication. Allows voice-centric features such as call logs and voicemail
- Yahoo! Chat
- Yahoo! Games
- Yahoo! Music™ LAUNCHcast powered by CBS Radio – a streaming music service offering an extensive collection of music stations with a wide variety of genres and themes
- Integrated Flickr® access
* New approved residential customers only. Plus taxes. 12-month agreement
required. A pro-rated Early Termination Fee (up to $180) and Equipment Non-Return fees apply
if your AT&T Internet (formerly U-verse Internet) service is canceled before the end of
12 months. Includes 1TB data/mo. Unlimited data allowance may also be purchased separately
for an additional $30/mo. If you exceed your monthly data plan allowance, you will be
automatically charged $10 for each 50GB of data usage in excess of your data plan, even if
less than 50 gigabytes is used (up to $100/mo). Or maintain a bundle of TV & Internet on
a combined bill and receive Unlimited Internet data ($30 value) at no add’l charge. Up to
$99 installation fee applies. For more information, go to http://www.att.com/Internet-usage.
** $50 Reward Card for purchase of qualifying High Speed Internet online at att.com. Reward Card: Will be sent letter with redemption requirements. Redemption required. w/in 75 days from reward notification mail date. Reward Card delivered within 3-4 weeks after redemption to customers who maintain qualifying service from installation date and through reward fulfillment. Card expires at month-end 3 mos after issuance. No cash access. For cardholder agreement, go to rewardcenter.att.com/myreward/agreementFSV.pdf. AT&T Reward Card issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Offer ends 6/30/17.
† Fees may be applicable for additional receivers.
§ AT&T Internet Security Suite - powered by McAfee available at no charge to customers who purchase AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet services with downstream speeds of up to 3.0 Mbps or higher. For AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet customers who have a service with a maximum downstream speed of up to 1.5 Mbps or lower, the AT&T Internet Security Suite is an optional service for only $5 per month.
‡ AT&T Wi-Fi Basic. Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.